GeoFence Not working With One Phone

Reaction score
I have Geofence setup and it works well with my 1+3 T, but no so well with my wife's Samsung S8. I have added and removed is several times but it always shows as Outside. We are both using the official Android add from Blue Iris. The attached picture shows that it recognized the phone and gave it a DeviceID. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

snip_20170523180142.png

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I Am having the exact same issue,

I have a Note 5 and my wife has a S8+

I cannot get the Gefoence to work on her phone. I am going to try creating an admin account just for her and see if that works. Currently she is logged into the same account I have on my phone

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Richard,

I've been experiencing an similar but unrelated issue with a new S8+ that doesn't exist on my other phones. I haven't put my finger on it yet but I'm suspicious of Nougat 7.0's security interfering with traffic upstream. I don't use Geofence.

My problem is deleting clips from the BI App. It fails to delete randomly from both LAN Wifi and cellular data connection. I'm working to find the answer . . .

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

I have a custom ROM with Nougat 7.0 on my Note 5 which works OK.

I am going to try creating a separate admin account within BI for my wife. I used the same login info on her phone as I do on mine. I am hoping that maybe the problem. I also have an old Galaxy S3 with Nougat 7.1.2 which I will try.

I will report back with my findings ...

kanaga

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. My wife and I have identical Google Nexus 6P phones. The geofence works on mine but not hers. Also my daughter has an iPhone that the geofence works on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. My wife and I have identical Google Nexus 6P phones. The geofence works on mine but not hers. Also my daughter has an iPhone that the geofence works on.
is the gps on?

kanaga

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the app from the phone and removed the phone from Blue Iris. I've then created a new user and blue iris, reinstalled the app and log the app into blue iris using the new user. That phone will now update it's geolocation but only if I completely close the app and reload it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I removed the app from the phone and removed the phone from Blue Iris. I've then created a new user and blue iris, reinstalled the app and log the app into blue iris using the new user. That phone will now update it's geolocation but only if I completely close the app and reload it.
I would email support...