Geofence on iOS & BI 4?

Youngbill

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone using geofence and an iPhone successfully? I have two profiles (Home & Away) and all I want it to do is switch between the two based on where my phone and my wife's phone are located. If one or both of the phones is at home, I want the Home profile set and vice versa for Away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Youngbill,
I dont use geofence but here are a couple of things to do...you need to set geofence for both inside and outside states...so click on your phone, then enter geofence and set the settings for entry, hold profile home....then click on exit geofence and select hold profile away. Also note that if you are using the geofence then you dont need the profiles to change in the schedule because you are basically overriding the schedule and changes profiles based on phone status..
In the app itself (at least in the droid app, there is an option to set the geofence radius, i think it has to be set to something other than off....
Make sure your wifes phone is set the same way...
Also, if the changes between home and away are only related to alerts you can accomplish the same thing with the traffic signal status...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi bill....did you sort it out...im very new to this and I want to record mon-sun...12am till 5am....while recording I want it to alarm as well...can I do this....please please talk me though this..
garyd18166@googlemail.com

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Id also like to know if there is any progress on this. Im new to this too and I would like to fully utilise this. Help around this is sparse to say the least.

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI Geofencing working with my and my wife's Android Galaxy S5. BI correctly reflects the state as Inside/Outside the fence and executes a "Web Request" which is linked to a MultiSwitch in Vera to show Hme/Away.

However, I'm trying to use BI Geofencing with my daughter's iPhone 5 but it doesn't appear to do anything. i have the app set up on her phone and the BIO server recognizes it as a mobile device. But it never reflects Inside/Outside and it of course never executes the "Web Request" to set/unset the Vera switch. In setting up the iPhone I noticed that the "Geofence Radius" pulldown is grayed out and unavailable. Is this normal or what can I do to get it to work?

Thanks