GeoVision Camera Not Found With Hikvision NVR

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Hikvision NVR can not find my GeoVision camera. However, when the camera is plugged in, the video feed is a blank screen, instead of saying "No Link" when the camera is not plugged in. Also, the error message for the camera says "unknown error" when it is plugged in, instead of "IP camera not found" when the camera is not plugged in. So, it's close to working I think.

Also, the GV camera's IP address is set in an appropriate range for the NVR and the time on the camera has been sync'd to the NVR. The camera also works with the GeoVision software so something in the Hikvision NVR is preventing the GV camera feed from showing up.

Any ideas as to what settings I need to tweak on the Hikvision NVR to make it "see" the GV camera?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas as to what settings I need to tweak on the Hikvision NVR to make it "see" the GV camera?
You haven't explained what settings you have tried, so it's hard to give a useful response.
As there is no native support for GeoVision in the Hikvision NVRs (as far as I know), you are limited to ONVIF and Generic RTSP.
Which of those have you tested and what settings did you use, and how do you know that the camera supports those settings?

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You haven't explained what settings you have tried, so it's hard to give a useful response.
As there is no native support for GeoVision in the Hikvision NVRs (as far as I know), you are limited to ONVIF and Generic RTSP.
Which of those have you tested and what settings did you use, and how do you know that the camera supports those settings?
Sorry. Manual add set to ONVIF protocol through port 80 with IP address set at 192.168.254.79 and NVR IP is 192.168.254.1 and the highest IP address of another camera is 192.168.254.101.

I still have the original box and manual they both say the camera is ONVIF compliant. Maybe I should upgrade the GV camera?

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if this was ever a success?
I'm going to be replacing a NVR and using a hikvision unit with geovision Ip cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if this was ever a success?
I'm going to be replacing a NVR and using a hikvision unit with geovision Ip cameras.

I never got it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk