Geovision Opinion

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have a farm in a rural area and no internet. We do have power in many locations. Lately there have been a lot of break ins and equipment and tools stolen. I wanted to set up a Wi-Fi router and add some Hikvisions around the premises. I've installed them at my house and vacation home and neither have internet due to remote location. On the ranch I want to have forwarding to myself and head guys on our phones.
I talked with the communication outfit we've used for our phones and radios and they install internet and camera systems.They use Geovision software and cameras. I like the looks of the software but the license fee to use Hikvision cameras is $150 per camera.
I really need this system to be as solid and trouble free as possible. It really wouldn't bother me to use the Geovision cameras if they were close in comparison to the Hikvision. Or would I be better to get the internet installed and use a NVR and Blue Iris or compatible program? The main reason for the system is to get notifications in the event someone is breaking in one of the shops. We can call the sheriff and at least limit the time they have to steal stuff or catch them in the act. Face recognition is secondary as most of the crooks cover their face in the events happening around us.
For now I'm using a Nest outdoor camera with a Verizon Jetpack air card and it works great. It sends notifications and has video recording. Just not great resolution at 360 where I have to run it.