Get Off My Lawn 2

Reaction score
A few weeks ago some guy was cutting across my lawn and the Security Squirrel ran him off. Well Saturday the guy came back with a couple of friends to try and even the score. However, the Security Squirrel came out on top and those little wankers ran away with their tails between their legs!

If you missed the original saga, here is the thread:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I want a security squirrel! I wonder if he or she has a nest with some babies somewhere nearby.

Yeah, that kid is gonna catch or get that squirrel. Right. If a dog or cat has trouble catching a squirrel, a human kid has zero chance. Definitely a grudge match at this point, though!

That's really entertaining to watch.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Punk is getting brave. Guarantee the squirrel would still kick his tail up and down the street.
And @TonyR is right; those teeth can get pretty brutal. I learned that the hard way by holding a piece of fruit in my fingers rather than palm of my hand. My pet squirrel educated me really quick.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Punk is getting brave. Guarantee the squirrel would still kick his tail up and down the street.
And @TonyR is right; those teeth can get pretty brutal. I learned that the hard way by holding a piece of fruit in my fingers rather than palm of my hand. My pet squirrel educated me really quick.
Takes me back to 1958 when we were at my dad's company picnic, daddy squirrel comes home and throws the babies out of the bed. We take one home, our neighbors take the other one. We bottle fed it, raised it for a year, named him "Tyke." He got full grown, sat on your shoulder, ate out of your hand, etc. My mom hated him..he'd jump from one table lampshade, through the air over the couch to the other lampshade like tree-to-tree, knocking over the lamp.
He slept in a chicken wire cage, we'd let out more and more, trying to get him accustomed to finding his own food. Took about 6 months but he finally took off, we'd see him every so often, he'd get a little wilder, more and more standoffish, which was the plan.

Good memories... :)