getting email Alarm Event: Tripwire end

ss205c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have IVS tripwire on, and I receive a snapshot to my email which is great, but then I also get a second email which says Alarm Event: Tripwire end ....and then some info about my camera.

Is there any way to turn this second email off?

Thanks!!!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have IVS tripwire on, and I receive a snapshot to my email which is great, but then I also get a second email which says Alarm Event: Tripwire end ....and then some info about my camera.

Is there any way to turn this second email off?

Thanks!!!
I've seen some tips around here where an (additional) gmail address is used, and only the mails with attachments are being forwarded to your "production" mail address.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't used IVS in awhile, but looking at my gmail rules, I still have this one setup. Looks like it automatically deleted incoming emails that contain "Alarm Event" and have an attachment. I don't remember why the attachment part was important, though.

Foo.png

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't used IVS in awhile, but looking at my gmail rules, I still have this one setup. Looks like it automatically deleted incoming emails that contain "Alarm Event" and have an attachment. I don't remember why the attachment part was important, though.
The latter is important because these status mails have no attachment, so deleting the redundant stuff is one way of handling it.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
use a gmail filter to have it skip the inbox and delete it.

I have a filter made in gmail to delete an email from my specific email address with the words "tripwire clear"

ss205c

n3wb
Reaction score
use a gmail filter to have it skip the inbox and delete it.

I have a filter made in gmail to delete an email from my specific email address with the words "tripwire clear"

thanks, not sure why I didn't think of this, I only have 1000 other filters lol.