Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger- Need Recommendations

jrewcifer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i'm about to pull the trigger and buy some better cameras for the home. Had some issues in the neighborhood lately and I figured it was time for an upgrade anyhow. So here's my requirements.

I have BI so i'll be using my cams with this.
- Need 4 indoor cams, preferably with audio capture. Each room is approx 20x15ft and I'd like one cam/room.
- Need a POE injector switch recommendation and where to look to buy if possible.
- 3 Outdoor cams. I have a 2 story house and need one over the driveway, one on the side of the house to face the gate, and one over the back door to view a 10x10 area.

I know I want to go with either dahua or hik. I don't really care about the whole warranty thing so importing isn't a big deal for me, I just don't know who is a reputable seller and what I should/shouldn't be looking for when I buy from overseas.... never ordered from Ali before.

I'd like to keep it ~$100/cam if possible. I'm an IT guy so I've got the computer/network piece covered. Thanks guys i appreciate it!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
See the dahua starlight varifocal discussed on the forum...its 170 and worth every penny of the premium..

jrewcifer

n3wb
Reaction score
I was reading it earlier. So the 170 is worth it that much? That's a hefty price tag I'd say. Is it really that significant of a difference?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was reading it earlier. So the 170 is worth it that much? That's a hefty price tag I'd say. Is it really that significant of a difference?
yes. plus you get sd card storage and mic.

jrewcifer

n3wb
Reaction score
Right on. Ok i'll take a look around. Any recommended seller or anything I should look for IRT buying from ali? Just leary when buying from China...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right on. Ok i'll take a look around. Any recommended seller or anything I should look for IRT buying from ali? Just leary when buying from China...
There are only one or two sellers...buy one, see how it goes...

jrewcifer

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking to view 2 20ft living rooms a kitchen a large loft and childs room. Was just going to pick up basic 4mp 2.8 dahuas and get the starlight for outdoors to keep costs down. Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to view 2 20ft living rooms a kitchen a large loft and childs room. Was just going to pick up basic 4mp 2.8 dahuas and get the starlight for outdoors to keep costs down. Thoughts?
You should be ok...If I were you, I would buy one 4mp and simply test it against the starlight..then order the other 2...