Getting seriously tired of this error

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I kept getting this error, corrupt or disk error 00000020, on my old BI computer before I decided to build a dedicated BI system. Now, I have this brand new computer with BI on an SSD, Windows 10 Pro, with nothing on it other than the OS and BI so I was hopeful it would not come back. Well, this morning at 2am, I got it again

Capture.PNG

I transferred all of the database files over from my old PC to the new one and everything worked fine for about 3 weeks before this starting showing up again. I have to believe a lot of people get this error and just live with it.

I'm starting to think I should just disable the daily compact/repair function and do it manually once in a while.

Anyone ever have a resolution to this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea...I would email support....otherwise, if you dont see any negative effects, its likely a benign error..

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you dont see any negative effects, its likely a benign error..
I would like to believe this, but I have let this error go before and BI ended up over allocating a drive with video clips to the point where the drive filled up completely.

So you have never seen or had to deal with this error on the 20+ systems you have setup? Either you got really lucky on your 20+ systems, or I just have bad luck on my 2 that I have had.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to believe this, but I have let this error go before and BI ended up over allocating a drive with video clips to the point where the drive filled up completely.

So you have never seen or had to deal with this error on the 20+ systems you have setup? Either you got really lucky on your 20+ systems, or I just have bad luck on my 2 that I have had.
I have never seen that error...never looked for it either...never had an issue reviewing video...if it was an issue with the software itself and everyone had an error which caused issues there would be more talk about it...email support...

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's been fine for the last 2 nights, but if it starts to happen again I will have to figure out a way of logging what else is accessing the database besides BI.