Ghosting and pixelaition on camera feed

FoxCR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I did a quick search but maybe I am not using the correct technical term for this, but I have noticed that usually on the hikvision cameras that I have owned, I get a broken image during motion events. For instance if I walk by the camera the image of the subject moving gets all messed up. This camera is:
DS-2CD2542FWD-IS

Things get better if I am bump the resolution down from 2MP to 640x360, but I still happens. This doesn't happen with Dahua cameras - albeit the Dahuas I have are newer?

I have tried so set a CBT, it helps some but not enough.
I have a hikvision 5PM camera which is newer IP3.0 series and does not glitch at all. Could it just be that some of the "lower end" cameras can't encode / decode fast enough even though they are advertised to run 1080P @ 15 FPS (for example)

Last but not least, looking at the recording they seem to be fine, but I just want to make sure that they dont get messed up the day I really need them to work well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it just be that some of the "lower end" cameras can't encode / decode fast enough even though they are advertised to run 1080P @ 15 FPS (for example)
No problem with encoding at that or higher resolutions.

I get a broken image during motion events
Those symptoms can occur if DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) is set too high.
Try turning it off - ignore the graininess - and see if the effect changes.

FoxCR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's set at about 60% is recall, but let me try it out. Thank you for your help.