Ghosting..Dahua 5231R-ZE

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Getting this a bit with people moving

H264, 15FPS, Direct to Disk, 4096 Bit rate, 30 Iframe.

Running 8 cameras on a i8 8100, 8GB Ram, SSD. CPU is around 20%

Any suggestions?

Thankyou

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you post a sample clip? Hard to say without seeing the scene

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First thing to try is set your iframe to match FPS, so set it to 15.
If that doesn't fix it, it's likely your video driver, roll back to an older one.

This is my experience.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a guess set the bit rate type to VBR, frame rate and iframe to 15, bit rate to 6144 or higher. Do not run the ip traffic into the router. Traffic should flow from the camera to the BI or NVR without going to the router.

NO wifi !

Need a video sample, record and post to youtube, then provide a link here....

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it’s in lower light situations, you can try increasing the shutter speed and also reducing the 3D NR to as low as it goes before the picture starts to get grainy.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its all POE, direct the server. No wifi

I thought iframe was to be double the frame rate!? Everyone seems to have a different view

Why VBR? Its on a gigabit LAN

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what mine looked like, but mostly during the day, and was fixed by installing older video drivers.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah im a bit stuck on video as almost ALL i8 CPU video drivers dont work or cause high CPU @bp2008 maybe youve ideas on drivers?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use VBR because it reduces the disk space needed on most of my cameras. When you choose VBR, the camera will ask you for the max bit rate and give you a suggested value. IIRC, the suggested max bit rate for my cameras was a lot higher than what your CBR is set to. Not sure if that means your value is chopping stuff off.

I have bad internet at the moment so the videos won’t play. They look like they’re in low-light, which makes me thing adjusting the exposure so that the shutter runs faster (as well as reducing the 3D NR value) are two areas that’ll help. The side effect of a faster shutter unfortunately is a darker image though.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Your sample is 720p btw..

First match iframe to fps.
Beyond that when Ive seen that "Tearing" its always been a bottleneck in a device.

How are you viewing the video? Directly on a NVR? Using SmartPSS? Are you pulling the video from a different network?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah im a bit stuck on video as almost ALL i8 CPU video drivers dont work or cause high CPU @bp2008 maybe youve ideas on drivers?
Just what is recommended in the wiki page on the Intel memory leak. Memory Leak: Quick Sync (Hardware Acceleration) | IP Cam Talk

I use VBR because it reduces the disk space needed on most of my cameras. When you choose VBR, the camera will ask you for the max bit rate and give you a suggested value. IIRC, the suggested max bit rate for my cameras was a lot higher than what your CBR is set to. Not sure if that means your value is chopping stuff off.

I have bad internet at the moment so the videos won’t play. They look like they’re in low-light, which makes me thing adjusting the exposure so that the shutter runs faster (as well as reducing the 3D NR value) are two areas that’ll help. The side effect of a faster shutter unfortunately is a darker image though.
Nah, his videos show it is not that kind of problem. It is dropped frames or something.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try viewing the stream through VLC media player or TinyCam Pro or something so you can determine if this is BI's fault.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, ill try the sync of the iframe with the FPS. Ill also try the VLC idea, thanks gents.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not much improvement im afraid. Still ghosting... Ill try VLC

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bits are 4096, and all are VBR. I thought this has to do with storage space, not skipped frames?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say: don't give radioactive drinks to your visitors :rofl:
/ontopic: indeed iframe = frame rate, but also please indicate when you are viewing this symptom: does it happen in "realtime viewing" (eg through webservices) or only in recorded clips?

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman, check, thats been done

catcamstar - this is when reviewing the clip in the HTTP interface or via the full client installed on the host. Recorded clips