Ghosting I can't solve

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I'm running BI with single camera for now (Still testing, but with paid license)
My camera is IPC-HDW2231R-ZS and DTD is enable.
Hardware of BI is i7-5557u with 8GB Ram

CPU doesn't seems to be rocking high or something, but I don't know how it behave when motion triggered.
Is there a way to see that ?

I've configure my cam FPS and iFrame to 15, and BI to 20 according to recommendations here.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm running BI with single camera for now (Still testing, but with paid license)
My camera is IPC-HDW2231R-ZS and DTD is enable.
Hardware of BI is i7-5557u with 8GB Ram

CPU doesn't seems to be rocking high or something, but I don't know how it behave when motion triggered.
Is there a way to see that ?

I've configure my cam FPS and iFrame to 15, and BI to 20 according to recommendations here.
disable smart codec

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The clips are 3.1gig, i'm still trying to figure out why :)
meanwhile, I can see that FPS is behaving strange, its between 4-10, while CPU/MEM just fine

upload_2019-3-16_0-48-3.png

Maybe its why i see ghost ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The clips are 3.1gig, i'm still trying to figure out why :)
meanwhile, I can see that FPS is behaving strange, its between 4-10, while CPU/MEM just fine

View attachment 40448

Maybe its why i see ghost ?
fps is five because that is the default for all camera view..you need to change it in the group settings on the server.
clip size is set by combine and cut.
start reading the help file. you need to post a video to show the alleged issue.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What if you view it in Blue Iris's local console (not in UI3)? Also try exporting that video using BI's local console export feature (just a ~20 second section of it is fine) and see if that exported section does the same thing.

Try turning off hardware acceleration in Blue Iris, also, if that is enabled. Not many people have 5th gen CPUs and for all I know it might be bugged.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What if you view it in Blue Iris's local console (not in UI3)? Also try exporting that video using BI's local console export feature (just a ~20 second section of it is fine) and see if that exported section does the same thing.

Try turning off hardware acceleration in Blue Iris, also, if that is enabled. Not many people have 5th gen CPUs and for all I know it might be bugged.
Interesting... I just disabled Intel acceleration. and FPS got higher on the UI3.
I'll check during the day and report back

upload_2019-3-16_13-45-52.png

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, 2 hours later, all alerts are crisp clear, no ghosting at all. so the Hardware acceleration in my 5th gen is buggy ?
it has no affect on fps, now you are likely looking at a single camera view vs all cameras.
I'm not sure, when I enable hardware decode, the UI3 show low FPS, when I disable it it gets to 15-18.
What's the FPS on the UI3 corner even count? view FPS or incoming video fps ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3's FPS meter shows the number of frames shown in UI3 in the last second. When you view individual cameras, the meter is "full" when the FPS measurement is greater than or equal to the frame rate of the camera as reported by Blue Iris.