Ghosting issue with 2 different BI systems

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with video ghosting/stuttering on two different Blue Iris systems. It doesn't happen consistently or with all cameras - it seems to come and go but is happening more frequently as time passes. The host PC's are dedicated to BI and are NOT used for anything else. The CPU on both systems is generally at 60-70%. The specs of both PC's are more than adequate... i7 with tons of RAM and storage. Any suggestions?

On the cameras I've tried adjusting the Frame Rate, Bit Rate, Bit Rate Type, i Frame Interval.

In BI, I've played with the Max Rate, Hardware Decoding

System 1: 12 cameras - mostly 3MP and 4MP

System 2: 17 cameras - mostly 2MP and 3MP

Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What did you adjust..did you match the iframe interval to the fps?
Also increase the receive buffer in the video>configuration tab to 20mb

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What did you adjust..did you match the iframe interval to the fps?
Also increase the receive buffer in the video>configuration tab to 20mb
Thanks, I've made adjustments per your suggestions. When I originally installed BI, I left the Receive Buffer at the default 3mb. Do you think that is something I should adjust across the board? I wasn't aware the iframe variable needed to match the FPS setting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've made adjustments per your suggestions. When I originally installed BI, I left the Receive Buffer at the default 3mb. Do you think that is something I should adjust across the board? I wasn't aware the iframe variable needed to match the FPS setting.
Yes, they need to match when using direct to disk or you will get that kind of issue..if you dont have them matching, that is likely the cause.