Glare on the lens, seems like it's not waterproof

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. My cam wasn't in use for 3 months. Today I plugged it and a huge glare began to appear. Looks like it has moisture in it. What can I do? Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This usually happens when an in-use (warm) device is powered down, cools off and draws in moisture-laden outside air through pigtail, seals, etc. , and it condenses inside the camera. sometimes it will disappear after several hours of operation, but even then may re-appear later.

I suggest you read this.

If no joy, do search of all forums for the term "condensation" and read for some insight.

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like you said, today it was like this:

I never had an issue like this with my previous Hikvision camera. Let see what happens next. Is the silica gel bag inside the camera can handle this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I never had an issue like this with my previous Hikvision camera. Let see what happens next. Is the silica gel bag inside the camera can handle this?
Not sure if the bag of desiccant is missing or not.
If this continues with this cycle (fog up, clear up) and before I attempted the more involved disassembly-re-assembly process, you might try this:
  1. Go up when lens is clear
  2. Leave camera powered UP
  3. Caulk pigtail entrance with clear, UV (outdoor)-rated silicone sealant; caulk anywhere else you think might allow air/water in.