Going mad with new cam

Gordie303

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using a cheap camera from china for a couple of years and it was dead easy to set up in blue iris, pretty much did it itself.
I decided to get a newer camera that could pan and tilt but I cant for the life of me get it to work with blue Iris, the cam works with the suggested software ICsee however if I try and open the cameras IP in a browser I get the message to downgrade my browser.
This is the new camera
1080P WIFI IP Camera WHITE Wireless Outdoor CCTV HD Home Security IR Cam 754495420668 | eBay

Any help would be most welcomed

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYi - for those curious.. these are very small "toyish" cameras, but look like larger cameras

upload_2019-7-8_13-11-44.png

Gordie303

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you actually try internet explorer, or Edge? There’s a difference.

If not, or you’re unsure, try typing in “internet explorer” into the start menu search box.
Well duh. Incidently Macs dont have a menu search box and we have to run IE in a virtual machine

Reaction score
Are they at least functioning cameras? I saw these at a local Walmart recently, pretty sure they have a little flashing LED running off a AA or similar. There are literally no wires running to them, so they would have us believe these are both wireless video and wireless power.
walmart_security.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
upload_2019-7-8_15-35-56.png

Clearly it works with those shoplifting at walmart... roi must be good enough for management to approve the purchase

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I find the same message come up with one of mine, but it will normally work with IE. I find with the Chinese cameras they look the same but different vendors use different firmware and web server firmware. Some are better than others. The attached seems to be the worst.
Have you tried CMS or ONVIF device manager to connect to it.

Attachments

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does it show up in the device list at all in ONVIF device manager?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In BI when you are adding the camera is the RTSP port number correct?

Gordie303

n3wb
Reaction score
In case anyone else has this problem i had to open external port 8899 and internal port 554