Golf Cart ride

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We observed these two kids as the ran onto our customer's lot. They walked around for a bit then monkeyed around with the sales golf cart. For some reason the sales guys still leave the keys in it. We called the cops who showed up in full force. The cameras at the end are Starlight turrets with the built in mic that we upgraded a few months ago. I think you can hear the one kid saying that they were just looking for some free wifi. Also, notice the head wrap. They use these when they are out checking door handles. I think one of them says he's 12 years old. We tried shortening the video as much as possible.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice quality video at the end when they are captured. Thanks bababouy!

Reaction score
I'm amazed that you repeatedly get that sort of police response for your clients. We had a situation this past weekend where some crazy drunk tried to kick in the door of a house down the street. The two girls living in the house hid upstairs waiting for the police to show up .... which they did, 20 minutes later, and 5 minutes after the guy had left! Yet your police force actually shows up for people breaking into cars.

Watching your videos is like peering into an alternate universe where the cops still care enough about property crime to actually do something about it. :)

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We're pretty fortunate where we live also, northern suburbs of Orlando. Orange County Sheriff typically responds to disturbance calls in under 2 minutes, and usually with 3-4 cars. Had one at our resident drunk's house again tonight. Pretty much a once a month thing for him ...

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We generally see some sort of response with in 7 or 8 minutes. Sometimes the dispatcher will tell us that there is an officer on scene with in 2 or 3 minutes, but they wait for back up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ha!
Former Steeler fan, originally from Pittsburgh, but left there in 1977 for Dallas and havent watched the National Felons League in years ;)

Im in Apopka right where Longwood and Altamonte Springs meet Apopka, Ocoee is just a few miles SW.

We're the first "nice" neighborhood you come to if youre coming north out of Pine Hlls, otherwise known as Crime Hills. Just behind us are the fancy multi million $ homes in Sweetwater Country Club. We're kinda the front lines and I think OCSO has an un-written rule that they wont tolerate any shit past that line, thus we seem to get incredible response.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
My mom lived in Apopka for a while. It was a little villa on the golf course. I remember taking 441 north and turning right after the 7-11. Not sure if it was the same golf course, but there were some nice houses on the road leading up to the club house.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to agree. That was a good police response. Nice of everyone to pose for their pictures. Hahahaha

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My mom lived in Apopka for a while. It was a little villa on the golf course. I remember taking 441 north and turning right after the 7-11. Not sure if it was the same golf course, but there were some nice houses on the road leading up to the club house.
Sounds like the same area, yup.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
at least they put the golf cart back where they found it. nice kids. ha.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
did they actually steal anything or were they just pissing around and joyriding?
i mean, i'm sure they would have if they could, but did they actually score anything?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"dont let it go, please please please" Gonna make that my ring tone.
Love it when the cops let the dog chew on 'em a few seconds on "Live PD"...hey, it rewards the dog, makes 'em feel like they actually reached their goal. It doesn't break my heart any.

No soft spot here for little wannabe punks...future thieves and scumbags. :angry:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice video editing as usual bababouy. The new Starlights look good. BTW, what editing software do you use?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Love it when the cops let the dog chew on 'em a few seconds on "Live PD"...hey, it rewards the dog, makes 'em feel like they actually reached their goal. It doesn't break my heart any.

No soft spot here for little wannabe punks...future thieves and scumbags. :angry:
Indeed. If you don't want your arm or leg chewed by a K-9 or put to the ground or whatever then best not put yourself in such a position. It ain't that hard to understand how it all works (for most people, anyway).

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
did they actually steal anything or were they just pissing around and joyriding?
i mean, i'm sure they would have if they could, but did they actually score anything?
Nothing was stolen and no property was damaged. If we would have let this go, the ending may have been different. They have Z06 corvettes and LT1 Camaros all over this lot, along with Suburbans, Tahoes, and customer's vehicles. One crash with the golf cart and it could have been a $10,000 night.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regardless what did or didn't happen, nobody has any business touching/messing around with anybody else's stuff without explicit permission. Nor is there any good (legit?) reason to be skulking around on other people's property.

Reaction score
Nothing was stolen and no property was damaged. If we would have let this go, the ending may have been different. They have Z06 corvettes and LT1 Camaros all over this lot, along with Suburbans, Tahoes, and customer's vehicles. One crash with the golf cart and it could have been a $10,000 night.
Or, they could have decided that they were "bored", and started smashing windows and breaking off car mirrors "just for fun". That could have turned it into a $100,000+ night.