Good deal on Cube cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These laview cameras are hikvision rebrands similar to the 2432, however they are 2mp not 3mp and have a 2.8mm wide angle lens
This a for a pack of two for 170...The one I received a month ago was running laview branded 5.2.0 firmware...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?sdtid=7827071&SID=283be8471d1241f9baaae0c118a5677a&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&ItemList=Combo.2307339&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL042815&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=

These also come with power adapters if you plan to use wifi..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Shush, you! Must save money for a skylake build later this year so I can increase my frame rates, not add more cameras so I can decrease them!

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I broke down and decided to buy one deal. I started my venture just wanting a single camera on the porch so we could see who was there. I have my home automation setup with a motion sensor on the porch to ring a chime when someone comes but it will chime if a cat comes. So the camera was to keep from walking all the way from the back of the house to the front for a cat.

Anyway, long story longer, my one camera turned in to 4 once I got Blue Iris and my neighbor had something stolen from his yard. Now I'm adding these 2 cameras for the inside so that will be 6.

Damn, why did I ever join this forum??? (grinning) And thanks again fenderman!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I broke down and decided to buy one deal. I started my venture just wanting a single camera on the porch so we could see who was there. I have my home automation setup with a motion sensor on the porch to ring a chime when someone comes but it will chime if a cat comes. So the camera was to keep from walking all the way from the back of the house to the front for a cat.

Anyway, long story longer, my one camera turned in to 4 once I got Blue Iris and my neighbor had something stolen from his yard. Now I'm adding these 2 cameras for the inside so that will be 6.

Damn, why did I ever join this forum??? (grinning) And thanks again fenderman!
Lol, its like a drug addiction....Im waiting for a body cam that will broadcast to BI :)

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras arrived this past Saturday and I finally had a minute to hook up one of them last night. It is running the 5.2.0 firmware and attached to my network out of the box. Only thing I noticed is while the room had plenty of light, the camera defaulted to night mode. I read a review about this on newegg I believe as a con. But I think I can live with it for what I intend to use the camera for.

I also like the 2.8 lense. It can cover all of my family room's windows and doors without the need for a second camera. So between all the outside cams and this one, I have all my entry points covered.

Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras arrived this past Saturday and I finally had a minute to hook up one of them last night. It is running the 5.2.0 firmware and attached to my network out of the box. Only thing I noticed is while the room had plenty of light, the camera defaulted to night mode. I read a review about this on newegg I believe as a con. But I think I can live with it for what I intend to use the camera for.

I also like the 2.8 lense. It can cover all of my family room's windows and doors without the need for a second camera. So between all the outside cams and this one, I have all my entry points covered.

Thanks again
No problem...You can use the schedule to keep it in day mode during day hours...or you can enlarge the hole over the photocell..

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No problem...You can use the schedule to keep it in day mode during day hours...or you can enlarge the hole over the photocell..
I saw something about the photocell hole, I will have to look at that.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like I was a week to late. Dang