Good opportunity to create a wonderful panoramic webcam -

mic2346

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody I have a good opportunity for installing an ip camera in a very panoramic zone of my town.

My dream is to make a sort of youtube channel in order to be able to show my city weather conditions (it will be very useful for sea activity).
This attachment is a part of the view ;);)

I have a small budget <500 Eur, but I'm quite confident to be able to make all the installation by my self.

The question is: which camera??

I PREFER 4k 8mp but I can choose also 4mp if I could be able to have a PTZ camera with a live streaming like this (look at the end of the video):

For a simple still camera, my preference is Hikivision DS-2CD2685G0-IZS
DS-2CD2685G0-IZS 8 MP(4K) IR Varifocal Bullet Network Camera-Hikvision

Any suggestion for a good PTZ camera?

It could be better to use 4 different 4k camera and show continuously different still hi res picture (I can buy them over the time and increase slowly the budget...)

Thank you to everybody for the tips!:wave:

Michele

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'll need a computer to stream the video to Youtube live, the camera itself won't do that. Blue Iris is one software option and can help you do this.
You will want to use a streaming service like youtube live.

PTZ cameras can be set with presets for specific locations. Tours automatically move between the presets, if you set the speed of the PTZ as low as possible I'm not sure how it would compare to the motion in this video. Personally, I don't love the jerkiness in this video. I think the movement of the PTZ in your video above may have been controlled by software running on a computer.

Dahua and Hikvision both make some nice PTZ. Unfortunately, the models that match what you're asking cost much more than 500eur, more like $1500-1800 USD. Lower resolution costs a little less.

Here are a few examples:
SD8A840VI-HNI
SD6AL830V-HNI | Dahua Technology
SD6AE830V-HNI | Dahua Technology

mic2346

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much @tangent for your advices, 4k Ptz are definitely too expensive for my project.

I just bought the first bullet 4k (Ik vision 2Cd2685Fwd-Izs 2.8-12Mm) and will continue over time with the integration of the system with other cameras. At every landmark I want to point a camera and go through software from one view to another ... for now I focus with the first camera, then slowly we'll see.

Thanks also to @bp2008 and @looney2ns for the advices, unfortunately the budget is limited: I will have to sharpen creativity over the time ;-) ...

I will keep you informed with the first images!

Thanks again!

P.S. this is another panorama webcam in Italy with the same camera i bought:

Magliano Sabina time-lapse video | webcam.io

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sees the (brightest) stars fairly well, and the city lights aren't too overexposed. Not bad!

mic2346

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone from Cagliari, Sardinia!
I am continuing to develop my webcam over the city by adding a PTZ (Hikvision
DS-2DE5432IW-AE) in order to publish the time-lapses of two different points (A B) of the city view.
I would like to program the PTZ to move to point A, upload the frame to a first FTP address, move to point B and upload the frame to FTP. All this automatically from sunrise to sunset.
I know the basic basics of some programming languages, but I would prefer something simpler as a software (Blue Iris?).
Thank you for any help!
Michele

1602099876615.png