Good POE Camera

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for a good poe camera, doesnt need to be the top of the line. I've had to replace a few GW cameras and have replaced them with the Sharx (they have been pretty good). I bought one Hykamic and just cant seem to get it working. Any suggestions, I'm running BI and one of the cameras needs to be a wide lens outdoor type.

Thanks,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a good poe camera, doesnt need to be the top of the line. I've had to replace a few GW cameras and have replaced them with the Sharx (they have been pretty good). I bought one Hykamic and just cant seem to get it working. Any suggestions, I'm running BI and one of the cameras needs to be a wide lens outdoor type.

Thanks,
Read the Cliff Notes in the wiki at the top of the page.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok i have looked at the cliff notes and I guess I'm not as tech savvy as i thought. I received my dahua cameras and logged in and reset the ip address and I can find it in BI but i have no picture the screen just says no signal. On the browser side when i log in to the web service app the picture screen says "resource is limited open video failed"?
any help?

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well i got it to show on the web service now but still no pic in BI

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@jland47

Bro...best to cut your losses, junk those cameras and try a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z vari-focal turret or a Dahua fixed-focal IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE.

Contact Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) for a price quote.

YOU WON’T REGRET IT.