Good video on why to be cautious and only purchase from vetted vendors

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This video does a good job describing the culture behind the reason why many of us always informing those new to security camera to be cautious with Chinese vendors on Ebay, Ali, Amazon, as well as some Chinese run companies such as zmodo / funlux and Reolink

There is simply too much deception going on, and it is critical that you pay attention to the issues.

Remember to use vendors which have been vetted by members and recommended.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So precisely how much LSD did the guy in the pink shirt take?
Probably none consider he is a Chinese resident and drugs = bullet in the head....

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He appears to be a Caucasian American, and my point was that his demeanor intimates something is amiss.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He appears to be a Caucasian American, and my point was that his demeanor intimates something is amiss.
Hi Q,

If you watch his videos he's a little odd ... but then many youtubers are.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Examples from an Ebay seller's ad / listing which has discrepancies and other issues which you should pay attention to as they are warning signs which should cause you to be cautious.

Remember, CUSTOMER beware!

( Standard Operating procedures for China are different than what you may expect in from USA / EU / UK vendors who have been sued numerous times for fraudulent advertisements and thus are more cautious about claims in ads )

Attachments

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Examples from an Ebay seller's ad / listing which has discrepancies and other issues which you should pay attention to as they are warning signs which should cause you to be cautious.

Remember, CUSTOMER beware!

( Standard Operating procedures for China are different than what you may expect in from USA / EU / UK vendors who have been sued numerous times for fraudulent advertisements and thus are more cautious about claims in ads )
I just bought the last 7 hikvison 4k cameras from them. shipped from NY.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought the last 7 hikvison 4k cameras from them. shipped from NY.
Curious gpower if you do not give them a positive review you do not get a full warranty?
( example if you fail to leave a review, or post a neutral one .. )

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious gpower if you do not give them a positive review you do not get a full warranty?
( example if you fail to leave a review, or post a neutral one .. )
i don't think i will send it back to china if broke. $$$ for shipping.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is an example of one of our members being defrauded.

"..I purchased this from Ali express advertised as starlight .."

Corridor setup Dahua IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA 4MP Starlight Bullet Varifocal

Note with a little search you would have found Fenderman's warning w/regards to this model camera:
hacked china region camera...avoid...
You may counter "but the camera works" - and that maybe truth, however the analogy is that you were sold a top end toyota and got a bottom end one instead which was not intended to be sold in your country.