Google Chrome / PC display issue

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I been super happy with all my hikvision cameras, all have worked perfect as stand alone, with blue iris and with mobile apps.

Recently i had an issue with Google Chrome not displaying the cameras, asking for an extra pluggin, searching the web, i was not alone, and seem Chrome change something between v40 and v42, and place a plug that was needed to display from on to off, this was simply fixed by entering the setting of chrome and enabling it. But this was a temporary fix, as it seems the plugin support will be dropped, some say September, but chrome starting to display "This site uses a plugin (Web Components) that will soon be unsupported".

While my real surveillance is done with Blue Iris, and all my mobile apps work great with the cams, i still find very useful to be on my PC and check on the outside, like someone rings the door, or to check i closed a door, so on... so i come to you guys to see what options do i have? or what are you guys planning? Anyone know if hikvision has another alternative, like new firmware that will use a supported pluggin?

Thanks for any info, suggestions or advise.

DaveM88

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using a Chrome Extension for viewing my cameras such as when someone rings the doorbell. The video pops up quickly and if you select one of the cameras you will get a larger picture. The extension is free but they also have an upgrade for a couple of dollars that provides for a separate tab which is nice. And with the upgrade when you select one of the cameras you get a full screen view.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myipcam/hehdcdgdfhanbcbdkakahgpfinojokob?hl=en-US

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How to temporarily enable NPAPI plugins

If you must use a NPAPI plugin, there’s a temporary workaround that will work until Chrome version 45 is released later in 2015:

1. Open Chrome.

2. In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

3. In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Enable NPAPI flag:

4. In the bottom left corner of the page, click the Relaunch Now button.

After the release of Chrome version 45, you’ll need to use an alternate web browser to load content that requires a NPAPI plugin.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033