got two cameras, DLink and Foscam. Failed to setup talk with any of them.

Have you got cameras with speakers and been using them for talking?

• I have succesfully linked my talk-enabled cameras with Blue Iris and the talk is working

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The talk is not working

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use talk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a pool of two types of cameras, DLink DSC-942L and Foscam C1, connected them to Blue Iris, got no problem, except setting up talk. The audio only works one way. I am able to listen to the cameras audio, but pushing the talk button makes the sound from my PC microphone come to the computer speakers instead of being sent to the cameras. I tried everything possible in the setup of both the cameras and Blue Iris that looked like related to the question, to no avail. Has anyone got a success with two way audio with DLink/Foscam? Any idea how to fix it? The talk works correctly from the cameras' own webpages.

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
I've succeeded with setting up talk with Foscam C1. Someone has mentioned deleting the cam and setting it up afresh as the first thing to try. I tried it, and it worked. Here are the important points that must not be missed.

1- Don't try to set up the cam manually. You use "Search".
2- Before you click the Search button, add port number 88 to the cam address. Also change the ONVIF port number to 888.
3- For some reason the search, when it is finished, clears the port number next to the cam address, resetting it to 80. You must point it back to :88.
4- Like it was mentioned in other posts in this forum, make sure the output audio device in the Blue Iris general settings is set to Non-specified.

Last edited: