Grandstream 3611HD Review

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I mounted one of these indoor cameras, outdoors under an eve. I was looking for an inexpensive POE camera that had a built in MIC and SPEAKER. This camera has been functioning great for over a year. It is not a night camera and therefore requires light to function. With two Led 60w equivalent porch lights there is enough light to easily see and identify someone at the door. Audio is very clear and loud. You will not find another camera with, POE, HD, a built in mic and speaker at this price. Comes with the power supply too, I didn't need it as I used poe, but its nice that they included it, most poe cameras do not. You can record sound via blue iris but the talk function is not operable via blue iris, but does work well with Internet Explorer. The camera does not have wdr and when its sunny images may get washed out at a distance. The close up of the door is always good. At 90 dollars its a decent value if you need an audio dome without having to add a mic or speaker. As hikvisions released the 2432 with pir sensor it would go with that camera as talk works with BI and it has the PIR as well as an IR light and SD card. It is also an indoor unit, but functions well if outside if protected from rain.

http://www.amazon.com/GrandStream-Fixed-Definition-Networking-Cameras/dp/B004AHPQPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394482401&sr=8-2&keywords=grandstream+3611
Do not confuse this with the 3611LL which is a low light version with a smaller field of view

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Ken will be adding the talk function for this camera in the next update 3.59.00