Green Bars In Recordings On One Camera Only

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I'm seeing something strange. One of my cameras (Dahua HDW4231EMP-AS) has a green bar in the video playback. The live view does not show any problems. A couple screenshots (bottom of frame only) to show what I mean. BI settings included as well. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. Thanks for looking.
GREENBAR_2.jpg GREENBAR.jpg IPC_13_greenbar2.jpg IPC13 GREEN BAR.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Combination of HDW4231EMP-AS and Dahua HDW-5231RP-Z. Ok, when I disable H264 HW Decode the problem goes away. I noticed the "Also for BVR" was checked (for this camera only) so I unchecked this and turned the HW decode back on and the green bar no longer there! So, HW decode for BVR is likely the culprit.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Combination of HDW4231EMP-AS and Dahua HDW-5231RP-Z. Ok, when I disable H264 HW Decode the problem goes away. I noticed the "Also for BVR" was checked (for this camera only) so I unchecked this and turned the HW decode back on and the green bar no longer there! So, HW decode for BVR is likely the culprit.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
also for bvr is simply for playback, so hadware acceleration is working.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, HW acceleration is working fine. Rookie mistake having the BVR box checked. Thanks again.