Greetings from the 216

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

A newbie here after the Iris shutdown left us looking for new options.

ImI just curious, I purchased Blue Iris from the site here today, installed it.. but it fails to launch on a Win7 box..
My mistake, I probably should have tried an trial evaluation prior to purchase, but I saw the minimum requirements stated WinXP..

I assume Blur Iris is supported on Win7..
I tried it on 2 different machines.. a laptop and an actual PC..

I sent an email to the Blue Iris support team earlier today, but still waiting to hear back..

I was pretty excited to get started on it, but having a little trouble getting out of the gate.

Can anyone here comment or advise? I didn't expect to have an install issue be my first post
Thanks,
joe

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The ideal operating system 4 blue iris is Windows 10, this is particularly important because Blue Iris 5 will be released in June and will require at least Windows 8.1 and preferably 10.
While v4 works on 7 with certain limitations with respect to running as a service, because you don't explain the error you're getting it's impossible to know what is causing the problem... The first thing you need to do is reinstall the operating system so that it's a clean installation and remove all the crap that's been on there for years. You can upgrade to 10 for free.

Last edited:

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your note and information..

Actually, I just stumbled across another post and the suggestion was to install the 2013 Visual C++ Redistributable Packages..

So, just did that and now I can launch the software.. may opt to spin up a VM if this old girl will run it.. ultimately, I need a new PC..

I was just looking to get started and see if BI will do what imI looking for..