Group alerts

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have created a group and it has two members in it. Each group member camera has alerts set to fire when any camera in this camera's group is triggered. What else do I need to set so alerts are triggered for both if either camera triggers? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have created a group and it has two members in it. Each group member camera has alerts set to fire when any camera in this camera's group is triggered. What else do I need to set so alerts are triggered for both if either camera triggers? Thanks
you need to set the alerts in the alert tab..

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, I have 3 cameras and have been getting successful SMS alerts. Today I decided that I wanted to have 2 of the 3 cameras trigger and record if either one see motion. I added each camera to the same group and then configured each alert tab as shown above. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I have 3 cameras and have been getting successful SMS alerts. Today I decided that I wanted to have 2 of the 3 cameras trigger and record if either one see motion. I added each camera to the same group and then configured each alert tab as shown above. Thanks
You dont need to setup a group alert if each camera is set to alert on its own..Only the group record is important.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You dont need to setup a group alert if each camera is set to alert on its own..Only the group record is important.
What I'd like is if my Driveway camera triggers it will alert and record the motion event. If the Driveway camera triggers, I want another camera to also record even though it doesn't "see" motion. Maybe that's not possible

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I'd like is if my Driveway camera triggers it will alert and record the motion event. If the Driveway camera triggers, I want another camera to also record even though it doesn't "see" motion. Maybe that's not possible
Yes of course you can.. that is done in the trigger tab... leave the alert to this camera only...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes of course you can.. that is done in the trigger tab... leave the alert to this camera only...
Thanks @fenderman... I think I have it now with your help. I'll test and report back. Appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Didn't work so I still must have something not set right.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't work so I still must have something not set right.
post your trigger tab settings including the select button window in that tab..post it for each camera in the group.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
post your trigger tab settings including the select button window in that tab..post it for each camera in the group.
When you mentioned the select button window it gave me something to check that I hadn't considered. When I did I found that the group was listed but not selected. I selected it and now both cameras trigger like I want them to. Thanks!