Gru Industries Minion Cam - not what you think

Reaction score
I purchased the latest model of this Minion camera this week. Not going to connect it to anything, because it's just a decoration for my desk at work, another chotchke to start conversations. And besides, I like anything minion-ish. And it can be used for a paperweight, too!

Gru Industries Minion Camera.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
It's still a Tend Insights product, still cloud-based, still 720P. What they've added are more pre-recorded minion sound-files you can trigger from their app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased the latest model of this Minion camera this week. Not going to connect it to anything, because it's just a decoration for my desk at work, another chotchke to start conversations. And besides, I like anything minion-ish. And it can be used for a paperweight, too!

View attachment 41577
There is a Judge in a nearby county that has a minion obsession and is a bit uptight. She has a bunch of them on her desk and on shelves. Once, while in her chambers, I accidentally knocked one off the shelf. One of the other attorneys was petrified for me, she began whispering in a panic "pick it up, pick it up before she sees". I did and the day was saved.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
There is a Judge in a nearby county that has a minion obsession and is a bit uptight. She has a bunch of them on her desk and on shelves. Once, while in her chambers, I accidentally knocked one off the shelf. One of the other attorneys was petrified for me, she began whispering in a panic "pick it up, pick it up before she sees". I did and the day was saved.
No, I'm not quite THAT much of a minions fan. :)

Just popped it open, and it's exactly the same hardware as three years ago, and as reported by this guy in 2017. Date stamps on the hardware are 2016. Not even worth connecting to the serial port on the board. I was hoping they had done something better in the last few years. Nope, nothing but minor firmware tweaks. Paperweight it is!