GS1900-8HP - 2nd camera goes off

Reaction score
I've just installed a GS1900-8HP PoE switch to power my 2 hikvision R0 camera's and a Unifi Access Point. If I plugin camera A alone, or together with the AP everything is fine. As soon as I plug in camera B, Camera A loses its power and as soon as camera B is unplugged, camera A powers up.
The silly part is, if the AP and camera B are plugged in and I add camera A, camera A does not power up. As soon as B is unplugged, A gets on.
I have no clue what is going on. I've played arround with settings, assured that the switch is running the most recent firmware. the camera's do have the CN region hack and run the most recent version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just installed a GS1900-8HP PoE switch to power my 2 hikvision R0 camera's and a Unifi Access Point. If I plugin camera A alone, or together with the AP everything is fine. As soon as I plug in camera B, Camera A loses its power and as soon as camera B is unplugged, camera A powers up.
The silly part is, if the AP and camera B are plugged in and I add camera A, camera A does not power up. As soon as B is unplugged, A gets on.
I have no clue what is going on. I've played arround with settings, assured that the switch is running the most recent firmware. the camera's do have the CN region hack and run the most recent version.
You need to set Poe mode to consumption

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've played arround with settings, assured that the switch is running the most recent firmware.
It sounds like the switch (maybe it's power supply) is faulty.
What does the switch web GUI say for the PoE ports status when the various devices are connected?

Reaction score
It sounds like the switch (maybe it's power supply) is faulty.
What does the switch web GUI say for the PoE ports status when the various devices are connected?
Camera A is the only one who will get's no power. If it's the power supply, you would expect the same behaviour for B as well. The GUI does list power consumption, but that's well under the 70 watts, with the AP and camera B it's even under the 15 watts.