Gunshine State

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Love a happy ending
Me too.

Well, that's 2 that won't be diluting the gene pool any more because....

1) You know he's a "gun enthusiast."
2) You SHOULD know he's at home at that hour... not to mention game noise, video screen/TV lights, vehicle in driveway, etc.
3) You ignore 1 and 2 and BREAK GLASS ANYWAY...

And kudos to the neighbor that held "Jeremy" at gun point...buy that man a drink or two! :headbang:

Reaction score
I feel bad for 'the homeowner'. "...The homeowner saw a third invader and fired but his gun jammed." Must be a bummer to be a 'gun enthusiast' and have your gun jam on the third shot when your life depends on it. I would love to know what gun it was.

This guy did the right thing, but will be in a world of shit for then next few years. I am sure that there will be civil proceedings against him by the families of the perps. He also has to deal with the cleanup. Not to mention the toll it takes on a person not accustomed to taking a human life. He will have sleepless nights and other psyc issues.

One thing that pisses me off is when the media shows a stock photo for a story like this. Come on, a half loaded open wheel gun?

An other report that gives more info.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/trending/florida-homeowner-playing-video-games-fatally-shoots-2-intruders/PYKCGSPTNFCTPGMQLZYQ7FJFG4/

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel bad for 'the homeowner'. "...The homeowner saw a third invader and fired but his gun jammed." Must be a bummer to be a 'gun enthusiast' and have your gun jam on the third shot when your life depends on it. I would love to know what gun it was.

This guy did the right thing, but will be in a world of shit for then next few years. I am sure that there will be civil proceedings against him by the families of the perps. He also has to deal with the cleanup. Not to mention the toll it takes on a person not accustomed to taking a human life. He will have sleepless nights and other psyc issues.

One thing that pisses me off is when the media shows a stock photo for a story like this. Come on, a half loaded open wheel gun?

An other report that gives more info.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/trending/florida-homeowner-playing-video-games-fatally-shoots-2-intruders/PYKCGSPTNFCTPGMQLZYQ7FJFG4/

Agreed, it’s never easy. And It shouldn't be

That said on the legal front, pretty cut and dried here in FL. Castle doctrine and most importantly the state Presumption clause.

And yeah on the malfunction. ? Geez train for that. I used to shoot 20k rounds a year when I was competitive. Doubt I had 2-3 ammo malfunctions in that time and don’t recall a gun malfunction. But then again I’m a Sig guy ;)

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sheriff Nocco is usually pretty fast to come out and praise homeowners for defending their castle when incidents like this happen. His underlying remarks are usually "the homeowner did right and good". Kudos to Sheriff Nocco. The homeowner, saved us some court $ by eliminating these slimeballs.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I never worry about a jam, wheel guns don't jam.

I do hope the home owner gets some counseling, just to play it safe. It's one thing to be an enthusiast and make holes in paper and it's a whole other thing to make holes in people, even if they're trying to kill you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is why training is soooo important.

The McCloskey's need some serious training for the handling of guns. Too much muzzling and finger on triggers going on.
No disagreement at all there...what I mean is that:
  • The man in FL shot and killed 2 home invaders, and rightly so, IMO.
  • The couple in MO were threatened with bodily harm by violent protesters, told that their house would be burned down, but didn't fire a shot and had their home searched and a firearm seized by local LEO.
THAT is what concerns me deeply. :confused:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rare imho to see pictures of the thugs... wanted to grab this before the media pulls the page due to PC pressures...

WESLEY CHAPEL — Two armed intruders were shot dead and a third was wounded when a homeowner fired on them early Friday, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.

The homeowner said he was inside his home playing video games when at about 12:43 a.m. he heard the glass of his laundry room door shatter, according to a sheriff’s report. He saw an arm reach inside to unlock the door. Then the homeowner said he saw a masked man walk in and aim a gun at him.

The homeowner said he grabbed his Glock 9mm pistol, which was just a few feet away, and fired several times at the intruder. He saw the intruder fall down, the report said. ...

Then a second masked intruder entered the house, and the homeowner said he fired at him, too. That intruder also collapsed.

The masked men were aiming their weapons at the homeowner when they were shot, said Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco.

Luis Casado, 21, was one of two armed intruders killed by a Wesley Chapel homeowner during an attempted home invasion, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office. [Pasco County Sheriff's Office]
The homeowner said he then saw a third intruder enter, the report said. The homeowner started firing again, but said his Glock jammed. Then he said he grabbed a Kriss Vector 10mm semi-automatic rifle, but didn’t fire it. The third intruder had run away.

The sheriff said the intruders who died have histories of violent crime.

“This is not out of the norm of their activities to use violence,” he said.

Sheriff’s officials did not identify the homeowner because of their interpretation of Marsy’s law, a constitutional amendment that is designed to protect crime victims but also deprives the public of information that has historically been provided in Florida. The agency did not release the address of the shooting, saying only that it took place in the vicinity of the intersection of State Road 54 and State Road 56, near the Tampa Premium Outlets outdoor mall.

ref:

1594496190853.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, it’s never easy. And It shouldn't be

That said on the legal front, pretty cut and dried here in FL. Castle doctrine and most importantly the state Presumption clause.

And yeah on the malfunction. ? Geez train for that. I used to shoot 20k rounds a year when I was competitive. Doubt I had 2-3 ammo malfunctions in that time and don’t recall a gun malfunction. But then again I’m a Sig guy ;)
Well now, my Springfield can also say the same thing. :cool:

For those following along, this is what is being discussed.
Once again, Mr Smith explains.