Guy checking my car door.

AGuyInTX

n3wb
Reaction score
Caught this yesterday, title says it all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like he may have thought it was his car...doubt he would bring the kid along...

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That was my thought as well! Would be jacked up to bring a kid along.
yeah, also most of the door checkers walk to their targets and carry a back pack to store the goods.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep. He thought it was his car. Still funny, but I've done that when a same-color, same model car was parked near mine.

When we were in Hawaii for a vacation when I was a kid, we had a rental car. Returning from a hike in the area of one of the active volcanoes, we came back to the rental car, and the key wouldn't open the door.

My dad called the rental car agency, and they sent a guy over with another car, and only then did we realize that we were trying the wrong car. They probably rent a ton of identical cars, of course.

Dad was thoroughly embarrassed, but the agency said it happens almost daily to them!

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had an instance a long time ago where in a large parking lot I actually opened the wrong car. It wasn't until I was in and started looking around that I realized it wasn't my car. Mine was in the next row over. I still found it surprising and just plain weird that my key opened another identical car.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife has a Kia Soul, green. Very common car, we see 'em all the time.
One time we were walking from a store back to our car, arms loaded w/ packages.
We walked up to a green Kia Soul, thinking it was ours.
The key fob didn't work. Anxious to get going, we tried the key.
A guy walks up and says "What are you doing?"
I thought "That's none of your business, and who are you anyway?"
My more charming wife said "We're trying to get into our car"
The guy says "That's my car"
I look inside the car, and the contents were totally different.
"This is getting weirder", I thought, confused.
We looked around, and spotted our Kia parked a couple of rows away.
"No wonder the fob and key didn't work!"
We had a good laugh.
"What would've happened if that guy didn't come out?" we thought. Maybe call AAA?

AGuyInTX

n3wb
Reaction score
Spoke to the neighbor, Boy Scouts trying to sell popcorn. Funny part is the dad walks up to the house and sees the cameras, turns and says nope not that one ;-)

Ever since I installed the cameras, solicitation has gone way down for some reason. If I would have known that I would have installed them years ago!

Thanks for such a great forum!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Spoke to the neighbor, Boy Scouts trying to sell popcorn.
That was my first guess but the lack of a visible scout uniform made me think he could have been selling candy or coupon books for some other fundraiser.
I was 8 or 9 when I made my first database, a database of my popcorn customers.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was in Mexico City on a business trip, traveling with a local rep who was driving a white Dodge Intrepid (yes, that long ago). I ran into the hotel to grab an item I'd forgotten, and when I came out, I jumped back in... Only to find the driver was a police officer. Turns out they drove white Intrepids back then too... I speak no Spanish - but I didn't need to. His look said everything. And my immediate actions (bailing as quickly as possible) let him know I understood. The rep, who was in front of the cop's car, was laughing uncontrollably.