H.264+

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying good and i'm not seeing any decent explanations.

Can someone give a brief summary of how this is different then H.264 and what benefit would be gained from turning it on in the configuration of my HikVision turret?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried Google?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any way. It will reduce the file size

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it will reduce file size by 50% and it was developed or at least first implemented by HikVision.

I'm asking if anyone uses this and sees a difference in video quality.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are many types of H264 codecs. Even the H264 codec in our Hikvision cameras are unique, so first implemented by Hikvision is a bit of a marketing gimmick.

If you are using 24/7 recording then it can save around 30 to 50% where the image doesn't change much. If you are on motion then the savings are much less. A negative is that it doesn't play back well with generic video players.

For me, it's a poor man's H265.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are many types of H264 codecs. Even the H264 codec in our Hikvision cameras are unique, so first implemented by Hikvision is a bit of a marketing gimmick.

If you are using 24/7 recording then it can save around 30 to 50% where the image doesn't change much. If you are on motion then the savings are much less. A negative is that it doesn't play back well with generic video players.

For me, it's a poor man's H265.
Gotcha thanks for the input. I looked around and most of what i found was that H264 is the standard, the little i did find on h264+ was that its a HikVision thing that basically offers more compression (Found it on the HK sight so that makes sense it was a marketing gimmick about being the first).