Half-gray

BillRey

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and to this forum. I just download the last version of Blue Iris and am running in Demo mode for now. The only camera I have is a Dericam S1-N HD 960P PTZ . I added the camera by using Find/Inspect feature. The camera was found and install as a Make: Generic, Model: PTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEGA. I have tried the different option for the Dericam and ran into the same issue.

The issue is, half of my video is grayed out (see attached image) no matter the camera configuration. The camera and Blue Iris seem to be working together ok otherwise.

I am using Windows 7 with Chrome as the browser.

yardlight.20180219_083322_1.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and to this forum. I just download the last version of Blue Iris and am running in Demo mode for now. The only camera I have is a Dericam S1-N HD 960P PTZ . I added the camera by using Find/Inspect feature. The camera was found and install as a Make: Generic, Model: PTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEGA. I have tried the different option for the Dericam and ran into the same issue.

The issue is, half of my video is grayed out (see attached image) no matter the camera configuration. The camera and Blue Iris seem to be working together ok otherwise.

I am using Windows 7 with Chrome as the browser.

View attachment 26791
disable hardware acceleration...try using the dericam option in the dropdown...
dericam is garbage, avoid and return if possible...

BillRey

n3wb
Reaction score
The Dericam has worked ok for me, even at -30 degrees. The web interface with the camera, the image is just fine. Only with BI does half the image resolve to gray. I have tried the different option for Dericam with the same half gray screen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dericam has worked ok for me, even at -30 degrees. The web interface with the camera, the image is just fine. Only with BI does half the image resolve to gray. I have tried the different option for Dericam with the same half gray screen.
I don't care if it's worked okay for you my point is it's garbage and I'm letting you know that for the future to avoid it.... It's not about the web interface it's about the firmware stability and the build quality of the camera shutter garbage bottom Barrel junk...
Have you disabled Hardware acceleration for that camera as instructed?