Hallo Guys. Need some advice =D

Pain12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I am quite new to this world of cameras.

I am currently working on a project of mine where I want to steam my camera to my website. For this, I bought the Yi Dome x. What I didn't consider was that the camera doesn't support RTSP streaming. It lets me only share the stream per app. Now I was wondering if there is a camera that supports RTSP and also has an integrated service that converts the stream so I don't need to use these services where the stream is uploaded and then converted so I can properly see the stream in a video window. Like Youtube. Maybe an integrated server or do I need to use a cloud service for that?

The Idea was that I just get a link that embeds the stream like a youtube video on my website.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I am currently working on a project of mine where I want to steam my camera to my website. For this, I bought the Yi Dome x. What I didn't consider was that the camera doesn't support RTSP streaming. It lets me only share the stream per app. Now I was wondering if there is a camera that supports RTSP and also has an integrated service that converts the stream so I don't need to use these services where the stream is uploaded and then converted so I can properly see the stream in a video window. Like Youtube. Maybe an integrated server or do I need to use a cloud service for that?

The Idea was that I just get a link that embeds the stream like a youtube video on my website.
Most Dahua cameras have this builtin.

Pain12

n3wb
Reaction score
So they have an inbuild streaming server?
I found intellinet cams have that. Any other companies that use inbuild servers?

Last edited:

Pain12

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the problem that I can't find any overview with all cams that have inbuild streaming server. On amazon, I can find some but most don't have all details of the product.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You're looking at consumer grade cameras, not the best by any measure. Look at Dahua or Hivision. Both, as a rule, do RTSP and ONVIF which should make it easy to stream directly from them. If you haven't looked at the WiKi, in the blue bar at the top of the page 4th from the left, do so and pay particular attention to the Cliff Notes and Securing Your Network. Do not, repeat, DO NOT port forward anything!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome @Pain12

Also do search here for the subject of "how to stream on youtube" or something similar. I've seen a number of threads discussing this topic here. ( though I have not read much details on it.. )