Handle 100 cameras

isma

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a situation where I have to install cameras to a business that has multiples locations (like 100 small office) and i need one camera for each location, using a DVR or NVR at each point i do not see it viable

I was thinking of wifi cameras but we dont use wifi in each locations

I would like something that will be connected to an own server via ethernet (i have the structure with connection to a private server at every locations)

In summary i need to handle at least 100 cameras in different locations via ethernet not wifi and i want to see the recordings remotely.

if it is possible, PLEASE tell me what cameras (not expensive please ) I can use or what i can do in this situation!!!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please define not expensive , under $35,000, $75,000 ? If it is under $10,000 I think you are dreaming.
Your labor costs to install will be more than the cameras and NVR.
If you do not have an NVR at each location, you are going to need a fast internet connections, to move the data to one or more central locations.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a situation where I have to install cameras to a business that has multiples locations (like 100 small office) and i need one camera for each location, using a DVR or NVR at each point i do not see it viable

I was thinking of wifi cameras but we dont use wifi in each locations

I would like something that will be connected to an own server via ethernet (i have the structure with connection to a private server at every locations)

In summary i need to handle at least 100 cameras in different locations via ethernet not wifi and i want to see the recordings remotely.

if it is possible, PLEASE tell me what cameras (not expensive please ) I can use or what i can do in this situation!!!
Welcome @isma

Please define not expensive , under $35,000, $75,000 ? If it is under $10,000 I think you are dreaming.
If you do not have an NVR at each location, you are going to need a fast internet connections, to move the data to one or more central locations.
Isma, @SouthernYankee is correct.. unless you have some crazy insane cheap internet connectivity at each location, you're looking at a significant task and thus cost.

Plan on local storage for each location if you need a reliable recording setup.

You can connect to the "cloud" also - but you really need to store video locally due to internet connectivity and bandwidth issues.

isma

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @isma

Isma, @SouthernYankee is correct.. unless you have some crazy insane cheap internet connectivity at each location, you're looking at a significant task and thus cost.

Plan on local storage for each location if you need a reliable recording setup.

You can connect to the "cloud" also - but you really need to store video locally due to internet connectivity and bandwidth issues.
ok i understand, thank you very much for your answer, but you know some camera that can be connected through an ethernet cable (just to see the streaming not the records) and be able to record locally and cost under 80 dollars. thanks in advance

Last edited:

isma

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i get it , thank you so much for your answer, i thought i could buy some cameras under 80 or something like that, but now i realize that for me would be better local storage. do you know any camera that can be connected through an ethernet cable (just to see the streaming not the records) , be able to record locally and cost under 80 dollars. thanks in advance

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok i understand, thank you very much for your answer, but you know some camera that can be connected through an ethernet cable (just to see the streaming not the records) and be able to record locally and cost under 80 dollars. thanks in advance
Hi isma...

Cheap is not really the right answer...

Bangladesh banks lost $81 Million thanks to being cheap
That Insane, $81M Bangladesh Bank Heist? Here's What We Know

Can your company afford to lose?

Seriously, you need to pay attention to the details of cybersecurity when considering the business impact of internet connected devices.

updated thoughts on this:
Seriously asking to get hammered with cyberattacks connecting with just < $80 each internet connected cameras.

Last edited: