Happy Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2020

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This Vietnam vet would like to wish a happy, and healthy, Veterans Day to all the men and women of this forum and elsewhere that served our great nation in the military.

Thanks for your service, your sacrifices and your continued devotion as I know that the majority of you feel like I do: despite her warts and shortcomings, the USA is bar none the best nation to live and work in; in her worst and darkest of days she still beats the pants off any other country on the planet even on their best days.

amer_flag.gif God Bless America and thank you vets and active military! amer_flag.gif

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a Vet, and want to thank all others who served. Pause on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, never forget.
Vets - you earned it, enjoy some greats discounts today @ ID.me Shop | Exclusive Deals, Discounts & Cash Back Offers - ID.me
Thanks to you as well.
Not sure where all are located nationwide, but Applebee's, California Pizza Kitchen, Chili's, Logan's Road House and Denny's are offering a free meal / entree today to vets and in many cases also to active duty personnel!

EDIT: Veterans Day 2020 Discounts (from the VA's site).

Last edited:

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Veterans Day War Stories:

This is no shit, there I was, surrounded, knee deep in shell casings and hand grenade pins...
On second thought save it for another time and maybe another forum.

A thanks to all veterans for their service and sacrifice.

And a mention of one that many may not know or remember as such, Colonel Maggie, Martha Raye.

There are some great stories about her, but again, maybe not the place for it.

Suffice to say, she earned the respect and friendship of the Special Forces in Vietnam and we (the SFA) buried her at Ft Bragg when she passed as she requested. That is, she requested to be buried there, not that we wait until she passed to do it.

Happy Veterans Day.

Martha-Rayes-100th.jpeg

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Beginning on Veterans Day, November 11, 2020, Gold Star Families and U.S. military veterans receive free access to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges and forests. The free access program is a way to thank America’s veterans and Gold Star families for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The VA updated the list and although Veterans Day 11/11 is past, it's of note that many freebies / discounts are for the entire month of November!

Also, many vendors and stores offer at least a 10% discount EVERY day to vets and active duty personnel. :p

UPDATE ==>> Veterans Day 2020 Discounts