Hard drive stopped recycling itself?

gman350

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for just over a year, the full paid-for version.

About 3 days ago it stopped recording and I got the message "disk full".

I have my new folder and stored folder on an external 500GB drive.

New folder is set to limit (in the blue iris options, clips & archiving) at 200gb and then move to stored. Stored is set to limit at 200gb and then delete.

It has been set up like this since day one and up until a few days ago worked fine.

If I go and delete files, to get space back, it starts recording again. Also it is no longer moving files from new to stored.

Does anybody have any idea what might have happened or changed? And how to fix it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using Blue Iris for just over a year, the full paid-for version.

About 3 days ago it stopped recording and I got the message "disk full".

I have my new folder and stored folder on an external 500GB drive.

New folder is set to limit (in the blue iris options, clips & archiving) at 200gb and then move to stored. Stored is set to limit at 200gb and then delete.

It has been set up like this since day one and up until a few days ago worked fine.

If I go and delete files, to get space back, it starts recording again. Also it is no longer moving files from new to stored.

Does anybody have any idea what might have happened or changed? And how to fix it?
did you have auto updates turned on? there was an issue with one of the updates...disable auto update..

gman350

n3wb
Reaction score
Auto updates is not turned on, however every week or so I shut down and restart the computer/blue iris. When it comes back up it usually asks if I want to download & install new updates.

IIRC it got a new update, 4.5.9.6, just a few days ago. This morning I checked and loaded update 4.5.9.8.

If this is an issue with a bad update, how do I rollback to a previous version?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Auto updates is not turned on, however every week or so I shut down and restart the computer/blue iris. When it comes back up it usually asks if I want to download & install new updates.

IIRC it got a new update, 4.5.9.6, just a few days ago. This morning I checked and loaded update 4.5.9.8.

If this is an issue with a bad update, how do I rollback to a previous version?

Thanks.
you need to manually download the updates from the website..then you can always revert back by running an old update file...

gman350

n3wb
Reaction score
So if I haven't been manually downloading them where can I find an older update?

I don't see them on their site. And I can only find one update file on my computer, so I guess it overwrites the old one when it gets a new one.

Funny how I've never had any issues until a couple days after my support subscription runs out. :banghead:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So if I haven't been manually downloading them where can I find an older update?

I don't see them on their site. And I can only find one update file on my computer, so I guess it overwrites the old one when it gets a new one.

Funny how I've never had any issues until a couple days after my support subscription runs out. :banghead:
you can search the forum to find others who have posted earlier versions....if you manually update it will not overwrite earlier versions...or simply update to the latest..it should be resolved.

gman350

n3wb
Reaction score
Managed to find 4.5.5.1 and everything seems to be working again.

Went ahead and loaded the BiUpdateHelper, but I'm probably done with updates.

BTW the latest update, 4.5.9.8 did not fix it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Managed to find 4.5.5.1 and everything seems to be working again.

Went ahead and loaded the BiUpdateHelper, but I'm probably done with updates.

BTW the latest update, 4.5.9.8 did not fix it.
Done with updates? you do realize that unlike most there vms tons of new features are added regularly...you simply have to use common sense and update when you need new features and ensure the new release has been out a while before applying it...

Veribk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this problem seems to have started in 4.5.9.6 or something like that.
You will not find any entries in the log with e.g. "Move: 4 files ..... or "Delete: Nothing to do....."
Installed 4.5.9.4 and it works fine.

I have created a case.

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the new .10 release. No matter what number I put in it still fills the disk.
It also don't move files to storage as it did before.

I didn't change any settings, just updated and the this happened. Is there any workaround? Like it's now BI/my cameras are pretty much useless :(

(I emailed support yesterday but no response..)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the new .10 release. No matter what number I put in it still fills the disk.
It also don't move files to storage as it did before.

I didn't change any settings, just updated and the this happened. Is there any workaround? Like it's now BI/my cameras are pretty much useless :(

(I emailed support yesterday but no response..)
revert back using an old update file...

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To which version and where can I find old versions?
Btw, are you affiliated with BI or just a nice guy helping out? =)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To which version and where can I find old versions?
Btw, are you affiliated with BI or just a nice guy helping out? =)
You should always be updating from the website so you have older versions saved...bp2008 developed a tool that does it for you as well...there are older versions posted by users here...search "dropbox"..I have no affiliation with blue iris.

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can I just install over the current version?

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I'm suffering from the same damn issue here too. :(

I've been using the internal updates, but only updating when I've restarted BI if it has prompted me.

Currently on Release 4.6.0.0 x64 here. Have no idea of how to get a older version downloaded.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think if these types of fatal bugs are let through so regularly, the developer should offer built-in ways to revert the version you're on. After all, automatic updates are an option and I'm sure for most unsuspecting users, that is checked.

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Honestly this is a joke, this bug was fixed in the last version. Then a new version is released a few days ago and it's back again! Does this guy understand he's crap is affecting security, I paid to have my surveillance videos stored securely, that's not the case at the moment!

I emailed support immediately but no response.

Can someone post the previous version please?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly this is a joke, this bug was fixed in the last version. Then a new version is released a few days ago and it's back again! Does this guy understand he's crap is affecting security, I paid to have my surveillance videos stored securely, that's not the case at the moment!

I emailed support immediately but no response.

Can someone post the previous version please?
What you'll be told here is don't update on a critical system without waiting a while and checking the forums for problems for a week or two and to search the forum for a possible dropbox link to a previous version, and install BP2008's BI Update Helper software.

bpratt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you restart your box and BI says there's an update, and I am not part of the beta team, then I expect it to be working. I don't rush in to updating for the hell of it , and I don't have OCD either !

As has been suggested, a 'rollback' function would make life a lot easier, but now I'm stuck on this broken version, manually moving files to keep my system running.

Not happy ! :(