Hardware Decoding Saving As "No"

auscam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to successfully set my first few cameras as YES+VPP for hardware decoding.
Now I have 10 cameras setup and all of them (even the first 3) say "NO" even when I save them as "VES+VPP".
Tried to set it globally in setting but cant save the individual cameras as DEFAULT either.
Tried restarting blue iris.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to successfully set my first few cameras as YES+VPP for hardware decoding.
Now I have 10 cameras setup and all of them (even the first 3) say "NO" even when I save them as "VES+VPP".
Tried to set it globally in setting but cant save the individual cameras as DEFAULT either.
Tried restarting blue iris.

Any ideas?
That happens automatically now when your HA is not supported by your pc or for the encoding format...you are likely setting to h.265....
also dont use vpp for that many cams..

auscam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. Would the fact I'm using RDP to admin this server confuse blue iris since I think RDP has an emulated display driver?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using Dahua cameras and re-checked each is using h.264 in their settings. Not sure where I would have set h.265?
it would be in the camera...if its set to h.264, then the only other reason would be that its detecting that your pc does not support HA....if it does then email support...
make sure its set to h.264 not h.264+