Has anyone been thankful for having SD memory in a camera?

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get the scenario, you anticipate the thief enters your property and among other items steals also your NVR/Blue Iris PC, so you have no video evidence to show the police. No Cloud storage I assume.

To protect against this eventuality you fit SD memory chips to each camera. With no NVR your cameras will still have a recording of the events. Better the cameras receive POE power from a remotely sited switch than from the NVR.

Has anyone had their NVR stolen and been thankful for having a recording on a camera's SD memory?

Are there any subsidiary advantages to fitting SD memory in cameras?

Edit: I notice this topic has been covered hereearlier.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the scenario, you anticipate the thief enters your property and among other items steals also your NVR/Blue Iris PC, so you have no video evidence to show the police. No Cloud storage I assume.

To protect against this eventuality you fit SD memory chips to each camera. With no NVR your cameras will still have a recording of the events. Better the cameras receive POE power from a remotely sited switch than from the NVR.

Has anyone had their NVR stolen and been thankful for having a recording on a camera's SD memory?

Are there any subsidiary advantages to fitting SD memory in cameras?
some cameras require SD cards to store logs. They are so cheap its a no brainier.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I usually put them in on every camera. They are cheap enough to have as a backup.