Has anyone gotten a Dahua camera to work in iVMS-4500?

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a friend who bought some Dahua IP cams. He already uses iVMS-4500 for his Hikvision DVR, which I've gotten to work with off-brand IP cameras but never a Dahua camera. I would rather not tell him he has to get a new app to view his new cameras, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has gotten iVMS-4500 to work with a Dahua camera?

I think the crux is that Hikvision uses port 8000 for their standard, Dahua uses 37777 for theirs - and they're both different protocols. I don't think iVMS-4500 supports ONVIF, but I could be wrong.

Any info much appreciated. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a friend who bought some Dahua IP cams. He already uses iVMS-4500 for his Hikvision DVR, which I've gotten to work with off-brand IP cameras but never a Dahua camera. I would rather not tell him he has to get a new app to view his new cameras, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has gotten iVMS-4500 to work with a Dahua camera?

I think the crux is that Hikvision uses port 8000 for their standard, Dahua uses 37777 for theirs - and they're both different protocols. I don't think iVMS-4500 supports ONVIF, but I could be wrong.

Any info much appreciated. Thanks!
Wont work. The dahua would have to be connected to a hikvision NVR for 4500 to work.