Has anyone seen this display driver error before?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happens rarely, but often enough to be concerning (about once every 6 to 8 weeks or so). The PC is Windows 10 Pro, headless, i7 6700K, and not using the latest Intel video driver intentionally because of the "CPU usage creep" bug. Anyway, here are a few screenshots of the Event Viewer during the failure.

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

It looks to me like the view driver is crashing and trying to restart. The only recourse I have during this is to turn the computer off via the power button, or just pulling the power cord. Remote Desktop during this is unavailable, but I can ping the PC, so otherwise it seems to be running.

I have this computer plugged into a smart plug so I can remotely cut the power to it and turn it back on. I hate to do that, but its on the only way to bring it back online.

Any ideas?Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get notifications that my cameras have gone offline (both text and email), which is the first thing I notice. Then, I try and bring up Blue Iris in my mobile app and it is non responsive. Then I try to connect to my PC using Remote Desktop and it tries and tries, and it does not connect. Before when I had this PC hookup up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse I would turn the monitor on and it would just be a black screen, no video output at all. The only option is to hold the power button in until it shuts off, or pull the power cord. After this, it always boot up fine.

Based on the fact I can ping it, and I get sms and email notifications, the networking still works. It just seems like the video driver has crapped out. I know there are newer video drivers available, but I am hesitant to update those because of the apparent incompatibility with some versions of them and Blue Iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest trying the latest driver. But also keep an eye on your CPU and memory usage and if it climbs steadily over a span of hours then try a different version.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably a good suggestion. At some point, they will have to be updated anyway. Is the recommendation to go directly to Intel to get them?