Has anyone tried uniview ezcloud ?

sharkam52

n3wb
Reaction score
My uniview camera has this option.
I only want to use it to access the camera feed remotely.
So has anyone tried it ?

sharkam52

n3wb
Reaction score
any cloud option is not secure.
Yes I know that after reading the forum.
But is it as not secure as port forwarding ?
Currently I have no way of setting a vpn and the camera is only used for seeing who is at the door.
But will using a cloud option compromise the rest of the network(which consist of android phones and tablets only) ?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I know that after reading the forum.
But is it as not secure as port forwarding ?
Currently I have no way of setting a vpn and the camera is only used for seeing who is at the door.
But will using a cloud option compromise the rest of the network(which consist of android phones and tablets only) ?
I have been testing Uniview but have NOT played with the cloud app, I can tell you this about using cloud services and cameras, Read the end user agreement before you install the app, some are 9 and 10 pages long and LOTS of the time YOU have to agree to let the app have access to your contact list, phone calls and any other wireless devices connected to your network. It gets better, they will also let you know that some of your info is going to third party vendors and that they have NO control or are liable for your information gathered by third party . If that don't bother you than do it, Is your private info secure..umm NOPE.

sharkam52

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been testing Uniview but have NOT played with the cloud app, I can tell you this about using cloud services and cameras, Read the end user agreement before you install the app, some are 9 and 10 pages long and LOTS of the time YOU have to agree to let the app have access to your contact list, phone calls and any other wireless devices connected to your network. It gets better, they will also let you know that some of your info is going to third party vendors and that they have NO control or are liable for your information gathered by third party . If that don't bother you than do it, Is your private info secure..umm NOPE.
I am looking now at the EZView app permissions and it has only permission for camera and storage.
But as far as the cloud service I don’t know.
Do you use these cameras with your phone and if so how without using their app ?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I am looking now at the EZView app permissions and it has only permission for camera and storage.
But as far as the cloud service I don’t know.
Do you use these cameras with your phone and if so how without using their app ?
I do in fact view through my phone, the cam is working through my NVR and I have a VPN setup in my Asus router.