Having issues resetting NVR DS-7732NI-E4/16P

osmoses

n3wb
Reaction score
I genereated code but it says device denied. I have tried all effort and i dont want to buy a new NVR since it is working.

Please assist.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont want to buy a new NVR since it is working.
You shouldn't need to do that!

As it is a Hikvision NVR with PoE ports set in Plug&Play mode - you can use a nice little trick using a Hikvision camera with firmware 5.4.4 or earlier as a 'trojan horse' to extract the existing NVR password.
Or if you already have Hikvision cameras connected that has firmware of 5.4.4 or earlier - the camera password can already be extracted as below.
By default this will be the NVR password, which it will have used to 'Activate' the camera.

The method is shown here : Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password

In summary :
Set the PC IP address to a value as used by the NVR PoE ports, for example 192.168.254.100, and connect it to an unused PoE port.
Use SADP to observe the activity.

Either:
With a camera having firmware of 5.4.4 or earlier - that has been reset to defaults.
Connect the camera to the NVR PoE port and wait for the NVR to 'Activate' it.
Note the IP address as assigned by the NVR during 'Activation'.

Or:
If there is already a camera that has firmware of 5.4.4 or earlier, just use the URL as below to extract the configuration file. No need to apply an 'Inactive' camera that has been reset to defaults.

In the IE11 browser, use this URL to extract the configuration file:
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
Zip up the resulting file, attach it here and I will decrypt and decode it for you, and extract the password, which should work for the NVR.