Having trouble understanding schedules and profi;es and how they work

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a customer using BI, He wants certain cameras to send him snapshots at certain times of day, BUT He also wants ALL cameras to record 24/7 on motion.

I had it screwed up somewhere it was sending the alerts at the right time but it was also ONLY recording at the time it was sending alerts.

Is there a simple way to achieve this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Simple? Heh heh. Unfortunately "Simple" is not a word I would use to describe schedules and profiles in Blue Iris. Not that I have anything against Blue Iris' profile and schedule implementation. It just isn't a simple feature.

It sounds like you need to set up continuous recording under all profiles for the cameras, but disable the motion detection during one (or more) of the profiles. At the top of the motion detection tab there is a profile selector dropdown box. I think the same dropdown is there on the record tab also.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the snapshots are being sent properly and you simply want to add 24/7 recording, then in the record tab of each camera set it to continuous. If you are using multiple profiles make sure to set each profile to continuous as well.

Reaction score
I don't want continuous recording. I want all cameras to only record when motion is active. However I want it to also send snapshots between 7PM-7AM when motion is sensed.

Basically all cameras should record on motion but also send snapshots during defined hours / days

Thanks for the help too

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want continuous recording. I want all cameras to only record when motion is active. However I want it to also send snapshots between 7PM-7AM when motion is sensed.

Basically all cameras should record on motion but also send snapshots during defined hours / days

Thanks for the help too
Setup a second profile with identical settings as the first except disable alerts on the second (dont check any of the alert options)...In the global schedule draw this second profile during the times you dont want alerts.