Having trouble with getting a jpg posted to a file

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After seeing this thread Scheduled snapshots no longer working I decided to set up a schedule as @TonyR suggested in the thread to make a yearly time lapse of my exterior cameras. I think I have it set up correctly, but when I went back to my folder that the first jpg was supposed to be saved in at 2:00pm, nothing was there. If I have the jpgs posted to the folder every 10 seconds using the "Queue an image update each xx seconds" option, it works perfect, and a new image is put into the folder every 10 seconds.

Here are my settings. Does anything seem wrong?

1644697229633.png
1644697469307.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The first JPEG has no file name at 5:30 PM (1730) because it was a test and I had not yet put in the filename format (&CAM.%Y%m%d etc., etc.)

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, those are pretty much the same settings I have, except I am saving to a folder outside of Blue Iris.

Well, after messing around with it a bunch, I restarted the computer (and in turn the Blue Iris service), and it started working. I set the schedule for a minute in advance of current time and verified the cameras are now posting to the file in sequential order.

Thanks for confirming my settings. I guess this was a case of a reset fixing something. Shrugging my shoulders, and excited to see my time lapses from spring to winter 2022. My next project is to learn how to put them in video format.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As a side note, I found that the macros for the time end up saving in a weird, bit type way. For example, if the time is 7:30:01pm, using the %H%M%S macro ends up saving the file as 193001. Since I scheduled all my snapshots on the hour, I just left the %H macro in, so I will be getting file names like xxxxxx.10 or xxxxx.14 for 10am and 2pm. I figure it will be easier to look at when I have a year's worth of files.