HDBW4433R-ZS - can't get live video ONVIF Device Manager

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an older Dahau 4431C-A which I can get working with Onvif device manager (and Hikvision NVR) but I can't get live video stream from a new 4433R-ZS. Onvif device manager can see the camera, show the Identification, Time Settings, Network settings, etc, it can show a thumbnail still picture, but live video shows NO SIGNAL. rtsp url is identical for both cameras except for IP. Camera's are set for static IP on lan and both give live video through browser interface. I've gone through both camera menu's side-by-side to make all settings identical. Video is set to 720p / 1024 kbps (conservative) for now, h264h.

NVR also can't show video from 4433R-ZS but I figure until I can see it with Onvif device manager then NVR won't show it either.

rtsp url is:

rtsp://192.168.2.16X:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Only difference is the X in IP address.

Onvif authentication and UPnP is OFF for both cameras. TCP/UDP/HTTP/RTSP port settings are identical.

Multicast address IS different between the cameras - does this play a role with Onvif streaming? Does multicast need to be the same or different when multiple cameras are on the same lan?

Any ideas?

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, turns out the Hikvision NVR (DS-7208) can see the video from the 4433 camera. Why the Onvif device manager can't see the live video - I don't know, but it's not an issue any more.

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The system I've been using to putz with these cameras is XP-SP3. In order to run the Onvif device manager I had to download/install dot net 4 (the system didn't have it). So I did, and it ran, with the results I describe above. Later I noticed that Windows update had kicked in and had about a dozen different updates / patches for dot net (I think all of them were dot net 4). So I let the system do the updates. Took 2 rounds to do it. Later I run onvif device manager on the same 2 cameras, this time live video doesn't work on both of them. I get this obtuse error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?