HDD for Dahua nvr

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Going to NY in a couple of weeks and thought I’d pick up a HDD there for my Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 (as stuff is soooo much cheaper in the US).

According to the specs, 6tb is the largest hdd the nvr can handle so that’s what I’m going for.

What should I get? I guess that I’ll order it from Amazon and have it shipped to my hotel in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Going to NY in a couple of weeks and thought I’d pick up a HDD there for my Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 (as stuff is soooo much cheaper in the US).

According to the specs, 6tb is the largest hdd the nvr can handle so that’s what I’m going for.

What should I get? I guess that I’ll order it from Amazon and have it shipped to my hotel in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

Hi Aajjoo,

Many people here prefer Western Digital Purple HDDs.

Also, you maybe able to put in a larger HDD into some of the NVRs even though the spec says 6TB. ( for other models people iirc have reported to have success with 10TB )

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Aajjoo,

Many people here prefer Western Digital Purple HDDs.

Also, you maybe able to put in a larger HDD into some of the NVRs even though the spec says 6TB. ( for other models people iirc have reported to have success with 10TB )
Thanks @mat200
Not sure if I want to spend a small fortune on a 10tb hdd just to find out it doesn’t work

@EMPIRETECANDY do you think a 10tb hdd would work out with my nvr?

Thanks!

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @PapaBill

I’ve decided to go for the purple 6tb, that’ll be enough for my summer house setup with 4 cameras recording 24/7.

Have a great Saturday!