Hdw-4431c-a account locked

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I went to install my second camera but the ip addresses were the same. (Never changed when installing first). I went to log into the camera software but no matter what password I try I'll get user or pass invalid, then it goes locked. I already tried admin admin and 888888 888888. I even opened it up and looked for a reset button with no luck.

Anyone have tips for me?

Both camera's work, but since I'm locked out I can't change settings at the cam or obviously the ip so both cams are stand alone.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
take em all offline and plug it directly into your computer w/a 12v power brick.. configure for your network and setup a login for your self that wont get locked out.

make sure uPNP is disabled on your router; bots on the internet will lock down your device within a few mins if they can reach it from the internet.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I concur with NAYR, It happens to me all the time. Usually powering down the camera will give you the admin admin account back. When i first started out with the dahua stuff I would lock the accounts out all the time. If you know which cam IS working you might try to log on to it direct or use the IP Config tool to change the ip address of the working cam from its default. Take it off the network then power up the locked cam and you should be able to use the default admin account to log back in and create a new user and password. Every new camera I install I always create a new admin account with my own SPECIAL user name and password in case I get locked. It will save you a lot of jerking around in the future. If that does not work I believe their is hard reset someplace on that cam.

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Direct connection wouldn't allow any changes either though, kept saying incorrect/account locked. I did however remember the admin password I had changed on initial setup. I also went in and added an additional user and password for the cameras. Everything is up and running. Lately I find if i get frustrated I walk away and come back later, which usually works out for me.

PS: I did write down + backup all info for each camera, admin and pass, new user and pass, ip, ports, etc.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you really sure using the right user / password? did you try to enable telnet and log in with telnet with your credentials? Does this work?

XtremeAaron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I remembered the password for "admin" I changed during initial setup and gained access to both cams. Not sure about telnet.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
have to open the camera and find the reset port and make a short circuit, then it will become the default password and user name 888888 admin

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
take em all offline and plug it directly into your computer w/a 12v power brick.. configure for your network and setup a login for your self that wont get locked out.

make sure uPNP is disabled on your router; bots on the internet will lock down your device within a few mins if they can reach it from the internet.
Nayr - I got it unlocked by hooking up another camera and logging in with it. Read it on your other post..somewhere... Having a time getting around the forum.