hdw4431m reset

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, i have sold some of my cameras (Dahua hdw4431m) so I need to reset them before giving them to purchaser. They were connected to a Dahua nvr. I wanted to do a factory reset connecting one by one to a pc (and of course giving them power). I opened config tool and then web login but at the given adress (10.1.1.66 which seems the address given by NVR) nothing appears. Is there any other way?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
at the given adress (10.1.1.66 which seems the address given by NVR) nothing appears. Is there any other way?
What is the IP address / subnet mask of the PC when you try the browser access?
Is it set to use the same address range as the camera is using?

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pc address is 192.168.1.2

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Pc address is 192.168.1.2
In which case the browser will not connect to the camera, that's in a different address range.

Suggestion :
Set the PC IP address to, for example, 10.1.1.100 and try the browser against the 10.1.1.66 address

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks!

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, It worked and I was able to reset to factory. Just another question, since I'm going to replace 4 of 7 cameras do I have to reset also remaining 3 cameras when I will put it the new cameras?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, there is no reason to reset to default the cameras, the only thing to which you have to take care, is the order (read 'channel') in which the new cameras will be added to the NVR.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, there is no reason to reset to default the cameras, the only thing to which you have to take care, is the order (read 'channel') in which the new cameras will be added to the NVR.
What you mean by "take care to the channel"?

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
D1,D2, D3 and so on ...
Ok, I have a 8 ports Poe NVR. Usually i connect all 7 cameras in the order I want (D1 port1, D2 port 2 etc) then I switch on the NVR and it's done. That's what you wanted to say?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More or lesses, yes, @AlbertoIt, we have already talk about this ... :) Even If, IIRC, I believe that the switchports to which the cameras are hooked up, don't matter so much, rather, is the order on which you connect the cameras the first time who determines the channels.
Have a nice evening !