HDW5231R-ZE rebooting at weird times, time and color not returning back

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problem

My HDW5231R-ZE seems to keep rebooting at weird times (also my other Dehua cameras). With rebooting, it’s messing up the camera time and schedule. In addition, the color does not come on to the ‘Day’ schedule. This camera is set up as an LPR, with each reboot, times are messed up, and exposure of off (also will get out of focus if during the night, BTW the idea of reflective tape has helped). Will have to manually reboot to return the camera back to color.

Thought if I coordinated my camera GMT to Pacific time zone would resolve the problem. No such luck.

Reviewing the forum, I’ve seen other with similar issues. But have yet find how anybody has resolved their issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading my post......

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most often this is caused by:
  • Poor cable used, make sure it's Pure Solid copper
  • If you crimped the ends on the cable, they are not done correctly
  • Need to be crimped to the 568b standard.
  • Bad POE switch/power supply.
  • Bench test on a factory made short cable at your computer to rule out cables.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most often this is caused by:
  • Poor cable used, make sure it's Pure Solid copper
  • If you crimped the ends on the cable, they are not done correctly
  • Need to be crimped to the 568b standard.
  • Bad POE switch/power supply.
  • Bench test on a factory made short cable at your computer to rule out cables.
That's what I've been thinking. Made the mistake of using cheap cable. Have ordered full copper cat5 cable and accessory's. Going to swap out my cables next weekend. OH BOY, getting ready to rewire my system. Should of read thru WIKI thread before jumping in.