Headlight glare

Reaction score
is there anyway to reduce the amount of glare when headlights are facing the camera at night? Maybe to revert to daytime mode when there pointed directly at the camera?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Increase the shutter speed at night tp 1/500 or 1/1000

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I think that's the tradeoff. Perhaps a guy could install a separate photosensor adjusted to detect direct headlight illumination and switch a camera between a daytime profile and a nighttime profile. But the cameras usually don't switch modes very fast, so you might lose everything long enough to always miss reading plates.

It might make more sense to use two cameras. One set up for license plate reading and another for more general viewing.

Reaction score
I think that's the tradeoff. Perhaps a guy could install a separate photosensor adjusted to detect direct headlight illumination and switch a camera between a daytime profile and a nighttime profile. But the cameras usually don't switch modes very fast, so you might lose everything long enough to always miss reading plates.

It might make more sense to use two cameras. One set up for license plate reading and another for more general viewing.
Thank you for your suggestion