Hello All!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Justin from the US. I am trying to get information as to what is going to be the best camera for my home. I was thinking about putting some 4K domes on each corner, but I am concerned about the inferred. I need to be able to see at least 75ft VERY CLEARLY at night.(there will be some low light)

I really have no idea what I am doing, but I am pretty technically inclined(plus I work in the IT field) so I am pretty sure I can figure it out.

Also, what are your thoughts of NVR vs DVR?

I would like to use PoE on all the cameras as well for ease of installation.

I would like to keep everything around $1500 USD

Thanks in advance
Justin

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum. Read through the resource guide sticky at the top of the new member forum where you posted this. Once you read up, you should get a lot of your simple questions answered and then we can give much better advice. Basically, you are looking for an NVR (DVRs are for analog video) that has built in POE ports (for simplicity). Watch a youtube video on making your own cat5e/cat6 cable, and check out some different cameras.
While reading through the resources, pay attention to lens length; this will play into your 75' requirement.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
forget that, for less than $200 you can get an amazing lowlight motorized varifocal camera and not have to worry about what lens you got lol. For seeing up to 75' like, face identification you're gonna need some expensive cameras I think, if you plan to also cover everything in between, perhaps you can just throw a couple PTZ's up.